Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Result

So the result is not out yet, but I have hacked into the third round contestants page and I found out I am not in there. I seriously do not understand why people that picked songs that are not even competition songs made it in. I really have objection on that. But the fact is I have not made it and I have to face it like a man, and I hope all my friends will appreciate it and keep supporting me no matter what. But seriously when I found out I am not in third round, my tear was flowing like a river in my heart, and nobody can feel it.

All I can do now is work hard for another year and hopefully come back next year and do it again. Fortunately, there is another singing competition in four days and there are two rounds, even though this is a smaller competition there are still roughly 60 people entering, and I will continue to do my best on it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just remember I have read this, and it will cheer me up, quote from Wikipedia:

"While Lee was still studying at Wah Yan College, Hong Kong, Lee entered the TVB new talent show along with Alex To, William So, Vivian Chow, Grasshopper, and Eddie Ng. Although he did not get into the top 30, his passion for singing made him enter another competition. Lee won the 1985 Hong Kong 18 District Singing Contest singing "Love in the Fog" (霧之戀), a song made famous by Alan Tam, and was offered a contract with PolyGram Records[1]. As a new and relatively unknown singer, the sales of his first EP album "李克勤 (EP)" did not even reach the 5,000 mark. However, in 1988, he appeared in a TVB television series "Teenage No More" (不再少年時), which ignited his popularity and his career started taking off."

I believe that failure can only make me stronger, and whoever give up so easily and are not persistance with their goals will never success. Entertainment and performing arts is my dream, I will do whatever it takse to step on top of the mountain, this competition lost is only one of the hundreds, or even thousands of stepping stone that I will came across. I still remember that day that Cyril told me, "Follow your passion, and the rest will follow.". It is true.

I am real, I have goals, I have persistance, I have passion, now THAT is the Edsel I am talking about.

1 comment:

bryan said...

don't worry about it guh. You win some, you lose some.

Be happy!