Monday, August 4, 2008

Upset on unfairness

I am really upset from yesterday. I hope for those of you who read this do not think of me as blaming and bringing up excuse for not winning. Basically I will appreciate for those who are better than me and got in finals, but I really cannot forget the fact that my magician friend there told me that one of the final contestants got in ever year because they are members of Hong Kong Magicians Association and are really close to the judges, and the other final contestants represents Hong Kong for some competitions before and they have to give him some respect.

Personally I think it is really unfair for me, I do admit that some of the acts do beat my act and I really admire how good they are. But I cannot believe that some of the acts that I believe doesn't stand near getting into finals got in. Simply the fact that I won some International magic competitions and won a prestigious award from the Magic Castle this year and do not even get into finals because of some Hong Kong relationship problems drives me crazy.

You tell me, how can a same act got 2nd runner-up can represents US and get 2nd-runner up at a world contest does not get into finals of a local contest. It. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

Period.

No comments: